Thursday, September 9, 2010

Who,What,When,Where and How come!

WHO: Me Margo Nelson

WHAT: I am setting out on a venture.  A wild and crazy idea but I am excited to get it started.

WHEN: I plan on setting off just as soon as I sell my stuff and pick up my passport.

WHERE: This trip will be starting in Edmonton Alberta.  I will be heading east through Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec and perhaps New Brunswick.  Once I am east in Canada I will be heading south across the border to the United States.  I hope to go through Main, New Hampshire, New York, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, New Mexico, Arizona, California, Oregon, Washington then back over the border to Vancouver British Columbia, where this idea came to me in the first place

HOW COME: I would like to prove to others, but mostly myself that there is still a kindness in the world.  I want to show that Canadians and Americans can come together. They can put aside their differences and work together to save this world that is as we can all see; falling apart all around us.  I want to prove to anyone in this world that has ever felt alone, or useless or  ever felt like they were just one person and couldn't make a difference even if they wanted to; that one person is only one person until they share their ideas with another.  There is no such thing as alone!

Side note:  I am selling everthing I own to pay off credit cards and loans.  what I have left I will pack in my car with my massage table, painting supplies and puppy dog and head out on the highway.  I have no time line for this trip and I have no solid route planned out.  I will go where the kindess takes me.  In exchange for food, shelter and gas money I will paint (houses,rooms, pictures) ok maybe not pictures :-)  I am a Certified Massage Therapist so I will also exchange massages. (the legal kind) of course! I will accept donations of anykind.  However, any cash donations that I do not spend on food, shelter or fuel will be donated to three different  charities. 1. Lupus Foundation 2. SPCA and ASPCA 3. Women's cancer research

I thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to read this.  I look forward to hearing from each and every person that makes the effort to check out my blog.

VIDEO DIARY TO COME!

13 comments:

  1. From the bottom of my heart, YOU ARE CRAZY! Can't wait to hear all the great stories. You're going to premiere the Chiefs 2009/10 video montage before leaving, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the Chiefs 2009-2010 season of change will be on the top of my list of things to finish and show before I leave :-) Can't leave the team hanging for yet another year on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nut Job??? Hmmm... the jury still out on that one. Craziness my friend.. I am not sure if this is a good thing or what at this point, but you know I always wish you luck. Be careful is what I have to say cause there are a ton of "Nut Jobs" out there.
    Wow.. crazy! I have many friends online from near everywhere in the US and Canada, so if you get in a jam, let me know! I know they are willing to help.
    Good luck and Be Careful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Audie! I know you always have by back and it is great to know there are people out there like you. I have so much support already but like I said before, you can never have too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am reluctant to be Negative...But there are a lot of bad people in this country and South of the border is likely worse...Don't set your self up for dissappointment...Take Care and Trust the Oh Oh feeling!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your concern,
    I do appreciate it very much. I know you are just looking out for my best interests and are worried for my safety and I thank you for that.

    I am aware there is a lot of negativity and flat out, for lack of a better word "badness" in this world. But that being said, this is the kind of thinking I am trying to get away from. People are people regardless of where they reside. Living in Canada does not make someone a little less mean because they are Canadian and an American isn't more of a prick because the live in the USA. I love your comment thought, as it really cuts to the bone as to why I am doing this. There is that common misconception that Canadians are so nice and Americans are so mean.

    I couldn't agree with you more that there are negative people everywhere we go. But this trip is to focus on the good ones, the kinds ones, the individuals out there whom are consistently overshadowed by all the bad news and negativity in the media. Society has proven that evil begets evil, so if one kind act can turn into two, then two into four...well then we are already winning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Way to go Margo! i think you are going to have a fantastic time! Keep safe and if you happen to travel alittle North of Vancouver give me a shout! All the best to you with your adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello LALA,
    You are awesome. I will be in contact with you for sure! I am still not sure if I want to head south first or over to eastern Canada but I will let you know when I am on my way to Vancouver. Or should I say.. a little north of Vancouver ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. And if you need somewhere to stay a little south of Anderson Road, our spare room is usually available. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. :-) Thanks Keri, I may take you up on that offer when I return. However, if that is how I plan on moving around the map, I will be on the road for the next 6 years. I was thinking more along the lines of town to town or state to state. Across the street may defeat the purpose lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. How long do you plan to stay in each place?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Danielle,
    Thank you so much for your interest in my little adventure.

    I don't really have a set time limit for each place. I was however hoping to spend a little more time in the south western United States. Reason being, by the time I get further south Canada will be well into winter and I was really hoping to miss it this year :-) My plan was to stay a day or two in some places and week or so in others. I hope to be in contact with some Aid agencies throughout my travels. If I can get in with some of them and do some volunteer work, I will more than likely spend a little more time in those places. Fingers crossed I find a place to stay as well. It really is a "Seat of my pants" kind of adventure, so I guess what I should say is "whatever happens, happens and I will stay in certain places as long as I feel I am not imposing on anyone or until they kick me out :-)

    Thanks again for your interest and I look forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Margo!! Sounds like a grand adventure indeed! In times of doubt or uncertainty on your journey, I wish you strength and good fortune! What a story to live, have a blast!! Life is short, enjoy the journey. :-)

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete